Sunday, March 30, 2014

SHARING THE GOSPEL - Caleb

Two weeks ago, I went with a visiting team to do radio distribution on a Saturday morning. 



We left at about 8:30 am.  The ride to the church was about 20 minutes long. 



We all went together in this church building and prayed. 





Then, we set out into the village. 



We were all in groups.  My group had our translator, Mr. Reggie (who happens to work at Cowman School), and three team members who were named Richard, Nathan, and Mark. 

The first person we visited accepted Christ.  She even invited us into her house to pray.  I noticed a little girl hiding behind a curtain and peeking out. We were all holding hands for the prayer so I invited her in too.
 
 

This is the first person I spoke to. I think I did a good job speaking with the second person I talked to. I froze up at first, but Richard told me I could share about how I became a Christian. So I did. I talked about how I came down to the basement one evening when I was about seven or eight.
 
This is when I felt the Holy Spirit, because I was afraid my story wasn't going anywhere, but all of the sudden I started getting ideas and they immediately became words. I said that I accepted Christ into my heart because I knew he loved me and told her that I know he loves her too. She said she planned on going down to a Baptist church to accept Christ someday. Mr. Reggie took over and told her maybe this was the day. She didn't want to accept, but she let us pray with her. I learned a lot throughout the day. God taught me much. I want to do that more often because it is a great experience.
 
(I have to say thanks for the photos in this post - the first five photos were taken by Kylee Cox and the last one was taken by Richard Clingerman.)

1 comment:

  1. Caleb, That is an awesome thing you have done. Way to go!!!! God had great plans for you, I believe it!!! So glad you and Ethan are such good friends. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete