Saturday, June 29, 2013

Caleb-Back from STEM Camp

I got back from camp yesterday. I had lots of fun, but I was disappointed to miss seeing the Bundys. While I was at camp I learned about science, technology, engineering, and math. We coded a website using html, programmed a Lego robot, and built an underwater robot. We also learned about the water cycle and a bunch of other stuff. We stayed in a dorm. My roommate's name was Zachary.

On the first day I met Caleb S. Soon we became friends. We sat next to each other at lunch a lot and one day a counselor came over to the table.

He said, "Hey, Caleb,wait a sec."

He looked back and forth between the two of us then said, "You are both Calebs right? You're gonna mess me up, man!"

One night at dinner I sat next to Isha, a girl who was in my class.  For a couple of minutes her friend, who was about to turn thirteen, and I arm wrestled. Then Isha told me about how her friend arm wrestled her mom and broke her mom's arm!

Each night in the dorm my "lights out" ranged from 10:30 to almost midnight. 

On the last day of camp we had an award ceremony. The lady who was calling out names said that this was an extremely smart group of kids and asked us who we thought was going to receive the next award.   People were shouting out "David."

The counselor asked "Why do you think that?"

Somebody shouted, "'Cause you are going in alphabetical order!"

The counselor asking said, "See, they figured it out before I did."

I won the "Most Generous" award for being always ready to help someone out. Before I left I passed out prayer cards so people could stay in touch with me.

Me on stage during the award ceremony - my friend Caleb is standing next to me on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment