Sunday, September 1, 2013

Caleb- Thank you Southside!

A few months ago, my classmates in Indiana at Southside Elementary and the whole school helped raise money for The Potter's House, an orphanage in Haiti. We raised $499.18.
This is my thank you to my school and all my classmates who helped put the fundraiser together and who gave so generously.

I've got some exciting news about how that money is going to help the orphans. Jane Dennington, who found out about the orphanage last November and took me there when I visited Haiti this past February, told me that the money could be used for the kids to have lunch at their school. They haven't been able to afford to take lunch to their school. Each day they would sit hungry while other students ate lunch.



We raised enough money for each orphan to have a nice lunch with a peanut butter sandwich every school day for this entire school year!

Again, thank you to all my classmates!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is AWESOME! Praise God! Way to go, Caleb and Southside Elementary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Caleb Its Cole your buddy from Southside and I just wanted to say HI. My mom is helping type this to youFirst grade is fun and you are my best buddy
    Cole

    ReplyDelete