Saturday, October 19, 2013

GOD SPEAKS TO ME - by Caleb

This is a story I haven't told nearly anybody about, a time that God spoke to me. Maybe you have seen my posts from a couple of months ago about Cross Training.

 

A boy named Ethan Heckman was at a table at the beginning of Cross Training before we were going to eat dinner for the first time in Greenwood, Indiana.  Cross Training is a thing that missionaries do before going to wherever they have been called, to prepare them for the field.

I didn't know Ethan at that time. When I walked by him I looked at him and God said that we would be friends. I answered, "How? There are only three weeks of Cross Training, then we go different ways, to maybe be on different continents." He directed me to a seat directly across from Ethan and we instantly liked each other. By the end of dinner we were laughing, playing, and sharing stories with each other.

He even had a sister, Haylie, who my sisters liked to hang out with.



 I remember the first night, on the OMS campus, getting ready for bed and looking out the window seeing Ethan riding his Ripstik. I love playing on my Ripstik. A Ripstik is kind of like a two wheeled skateboard.



The next three weeks our freetime was spent Ripstiking and playing four square. Today, I live in Haiti, I bet you would never believe this, but Ethan lives only 15 minutes away, driving, so I think God planned this for us. God told me the truth and knew my future even when I said it was impossible.

What are the odds that out of every country and city we would end up so close to each other? I think this made Ethan feel better about moving to Haiti, it did for me!


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment